MCC SALT Tanzania

I am volunteering in Musoma, Tanzania until July 2009 with a MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) program named SALT: Serving and Learning Together. SALT is a unique year-long cross-cultural immersion experience for Christian young adults from the United States and Canada. (For further information, go to http://mcc.org/salt/)

I am working as an ESL Teacher at the Mennonite Theological College of Eastern Africa. The College offers a unique two-year certificate or three-year diploma program for church and community leaders in the region. As part of my placement, I will be taking on various other projects to be decided upon my arrival.




Saturday, August 9, 2008

Travel Itinerary Change

I am departing at 10pm tonight for Akron, Pennsylvania to begin one week of orientation along with 53 other SALTers. As many of you have heard, my visa application for Vietnam did not go through. As a result, I will be now traveling to Tanzania to be an ESL teacher. The change in plans came as a complete shock to myself and the SALT Team in Akron. They have been working tirelessly to make all the necessary arrangements for my departure to Tanzania next week.

Thank-you to every one of you who supported me financially and in prayer over the last several months. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I undertake the journey of a lifetime!

No comments: